Thursday, April 2, 2009

READY OR NOT



The date of my flight to the Philippines has finally arrived!
.
This morning I will be stepping onto a plane at the Medford airport and, about 35 hours later, I will be stepping off a plane onto the soil of the island of Mindanao. This will be the first time I have seen Belinda since June 2006, nearly three years ago.
.
I had the privilege of enjoying a fine dining experience with Josh just six months ago at one of his favorite restaurants. But the other Moffits I have not seen in a long, long time. One of them I have never seen.
.
I am excited to see a more-grown-up Daisy and Ally and I am excited to meet Neo for the first time.



Bethany and I traveled to the Philippines together in August 2005, to visit the Moffits. That was over three-and-a-half years ago. I had a can of blue spray paint at the time to make this sign, which we held and photographed and emailed to Josh and Belinda shortly before we drove to the airport. Interestingly, I still have that same can of paint and used it to make today's sign. Notice that the ivy along the overhang frame reached Bethany's head in 2005. It has grown a bit since then.

4 comments:

BETHANY said...

I'm so excited for you! I hope the travel is uneventful and the visit is loads of fun.

The Moffits said...

Ready or not? - Oh, we are soooooooooooooo ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BETHANY said...

I LIK Y0R PICKSRSS!!!!!!

DEV0N

Michelle Ostendorf said...

Very cool! Did you realize you two are wearing matching clothes???

Michelle Ostendorf (using Emily's google username)