Sunday, April 5, 2009

MORE THAN A VACATION

I told Belinda long before I left Oregon for the Philippines that I would like to keep busy during my visit. I mentioned that I would be glad to help with projects around their house or their community.

"Great!" she responded, "How about if you help me paint the bathroom?"

I gladly agreed, and today we spent most of the day sanding, masking, ladder climbing, and painting.



After sanding the walls, we used masking tape and cardboard to mask door knobs, mirrors, shelves, windows and floors.



Marita (in red) and Jenila (in blue) spent the day cleaning house and doing laundry while Belinda and I painted the bathroom. They traditionally take two coffee breaks each day, one at 9:00 a.m. and one at 3:00 p.m. Here, during the morning coffee break, Belinda and I had just finished prepping the bathroom walls and were ready to start painting. Marita, by the way, is Wen Wen's mother.




Belinda painted the low spots and I climbed the ladder to reach the high spots. Their ceiling is about 14 feet off the ground.

2 comments:

grammie of 5 said...

I'm also enjoying your vacation. Thanks for blogging. The Moffits look great. I look forward to the next one.

Chris said...

What a good Dad you are! When we go to see Tawni, she always finds plenty to keep her dad busy and out of trouble, too -- can't have you dad-types getting bored! :)