Saturday, April 11, 2009

WASHERS

Prior to leaving Oregon for the Philippines, Josh asked if I could bring ten 1-inch washers (one-inch hole, two-and-a-half inch outside diameter) for a game they play similar to "horseshoes". They already had ten washers, but they had all rusted. Josh asked that I specifically bring stainless washers. So, I walked into a local hardware store and walked out with ten galvanized steel washers.

We've played the game several times during my visit, which has been a fun and relaxing way to spend time.



Belinda and I competed against Josh and some boy who wandered up to their house, whom the Moffits had never before met.

After Belinda and I defeated our opponents, Belinda was replaced with another neighborhood boy. Josh looks on as my partner tosses a washer.

Eventually, Josh and I were both replaced with another boy and with Britney, who is Daisy and Ally's best friend.

Britney tosses a washer.

A washer in the box is worth one point. A washer in the four-inch PVC pipe is worth three points. The first team to fifteen points wins the game.

See the washer flying through the air? If it helps, this photo and all photos can be enlarged simply by clicking them.





My former partner, Belinda's replacement, tosses a washer.






After all ten washers are tossed, they are gathered up for the next round.





No comments: