Monday, April 27, 2009

AN EXCELLENT CHOICE OF COLOR

Rich, our Painting Pastor (If we can have “Music Pastors”, shouldn’t we be able to have “Painting Pastors”, too?), specializes in ministering to the painting needs of middle-class, middle-aged parents of missionaries. He recently suggested some color options for our front door.

Debra and I had already chosen to paint the house a basic tan with chocolate-brown trim. Initially, we were going to paint the front door the same color as the trim. But Rich had another idea. Debra and I meditated upon his idea for a brief season of meditating and we ultimately decided, as a result of our meditation, that he might be onto something.

So we walked into the paint store, checked out the color cards, and selected the reddish-orange color that Rich had suggested. We returned home from the paint store and I slapped a couple of coats on the front door. The final result validated the wisdom behind the suggested color.


No wonder Rich is a Painting Pastor! He has the gift.






Front door, before and after.



The entire exterior paint job is now finished. Here are a few more before-and-after pictures.




Before and after.





Before and after.







Before and after.








Before and after.

6 comments:

BETHANY said...

Looks really nice!

grammie of 5 said...

I like it. It really makes it pop. The front door is really pretty too.
BTW I posted a comment to your comment. Unfortunately I wasn't thinking straight and of couse it's on my blog. So the next time you my blog you can check my comment to you.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! That looks a whole lot better.

The Moffits said...

Dad, that looks great! Really great color choices! It looks so much warmer and inviting!

Chris said...

I like the way it turned out - looks very nice...your 'Painting Pastor' really does have a gift!

BETHANY said...

(Oh my thats cooooooooooool!!! is that a noooooo house)? Silas