Saturday, April 18, 2009

ALONG CAME RICH

Rich knew I had planned on using my tax refund to hire a painting contractor to paint the outside of our house. Kim told him. Kim is his wife and she is also the nurse where I work. Rich and Kim are also big fans of the Moffits.

Rich has experience painting houses and, when he found out I was going to spend a bunch of money to have our house painted professionally, he stepped up to the plate and offered his services. I gladly accepted his generous offer.

First, he came over and pressure washed the house shortly before I left for the Philippines. While I was gone, he came over and scraped, primed, and masked a few spots. After I returned home, we spent a morning masking all the windows and removing all the exterior light fixtures.

The next day I picked up the paint, Rich picked up the rented paint sprayer, and we tackled the house.







When I got home from my visit to the Philippines, Rich's presence during my absence was noticeable. The chipped paint had been scraped and the bare spots had been primed.




A couple of days after I got home, Rich came over and we prepped the house for painting the next day. Rich masks a box which covers a water valve while I remove a light fixture from the back deck. The window in view has already been masked.









All windows masked.






Rich did all the spraying while I assisted.







The base coat now completed, the garage door also done, and all that's left is the trim which will be the same color as the garage door.




2 comments:

BETHANY said...

Looks nice!

The Moffits said...

Looks great! Is that ivory? Probably best that I didn't pick out the paint!