Thursday, April 9, 2009

TEACHING BIBLE TO BIBLE TEACHERS

After becoming believers in this community, some of the people express interest in becoming Bible teachers. Before becoming Bible teachers, however, they must undergo training. Josh meets with a group of men one morning each week to train them to become teachers. They have breakfast together, then they spend time in the Word.

A couple of months ago, Josh asked if I would like to teach his group during my visit. I gladly said "Yes" and began putting together a lesson from Judges.

This morning I shared the lesson with the men with Josh doing the interpreting. Throughout the lesson, the men read the Scripture passages in their own language.

The whole event was a huge blessing to me as some of the men were feverishly taking notes on the things I shared. One of the men even asked if I would come back next year and teach again. I told him he would have to come to my house next time. He was reluctant with my offer, however, because he was afraid that with a trip to my house he might not be able to eat rice with every meal.






4 comments:

BETHANY said...

Awesome! Are you in Hannah's quarters?

perkyguy said...

We met in Daisy and Ally's classroom, which is downstairs adjacent to Hannah's quarters.

Debra said...

I'm glad you were able to encourage the guys in the group with the Word. The Lord is using you over there.

tracy said...

That is so awesome! Friday nights I and another teacher are using a cirriculum based from decipleland...anyhoot its a fun workbook thing and the story or lesson takes place on an island in a far away place known as mindanao island (I thought that was kinda cool) :) Anyhoot its also about tanslations, and that is so cool the guys were able to read in their own languages!