Tuesday, April 14, 2009

THE LAST LEG

I am home in Medford.

I have now been awake for over 30 consecutive hours without even one short nap on the trip from Manila to Medford. I took a sleeping pill before taking the ten-hour flight from Tokyo to Portland, but it didn't work. The flight was comfortable, however, and I will sleep well tonight.

The layover in Portland was about six hours, so Bethany, Silas, Devon and Naomi picked me up and we spent a couple of hours together eating breakfast at McDonalds and then playing games at Chuck E. Cheese.

Silas gave me an envelope and made me promise that I would not open it until I got to Medford. I could not even open it on the plane after leaving Portland, he said. He even put a sticker on the envelope to make it harder for me to open. I complied with his instructions.




Leaving Portland (these photos may be enlarged by clicking them).





Between Portland and Medford.






Flying near one of the Table Rocks as we approach the airport in Medford.




Passing the Table Rock in a prop-engine plane.





Passing the Jackson County Fairground, the Lithia Amphitheater, and the Family Fun Center as we near the airport.






My place of employment.





Coming in for a landing.






Saying "Goodbye" to the last plane I'll be in for awhile.






My welcoming-committee-of-one as seen through a revolving glass door at the airport.






No glass door between the camera and the committee.







Hugging, holding a camera left-handed, and waiting for luggage.






A special message from Silas which I promised not to read until arriving home in Medford.


"I hope you have a good flight back to Ashland. Love Silas".

"airplane" with arrow and drawing.

"runway" with arrow and drawing.



What a great trip!

3 comments:

Judy Shay said...

Welcome home, Bruce! Your trip looks like it was fantastic. I can hardly wait to hear details.

Now it's the Moffitt's turn to come here again, right??

Judy

BETHANY said...

I love Silas' card!! I hadn't seen it yet, as it was made in a hurry before we walked out the door this morning.

BETHANY said...

The picher of your plase of cumunity. And table rock evine thoe its not a table. (: Silas