Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A GRATEFUL APRIL FOOL

I have always enjoyed having my birthday fall on April Fool's Day, the official holiday for atheists (Psalm 53:1). People tend to remember April Fool's Day birthdays. Today was no exception.


I took the day off work to hang out with Debra before leaving for the Philippines tomorrow. We went out to Mellelos for coffee, did some shopping together, and she took me out to lunch at The Wharf, a local seafood restaurant.


It has been a good day and I am grateful.







A cute card from a cute wife.






Also from my wife, a very entertaining book of optical illusions.






Mother-in-law #1 (Barbara's mom) sent me an email.







Mother-in-law #2 (Debra's mom) got me a CD.






Bethany acknowledged my maturity.







Silas and Devon made custom birthday cards.






Ashley got me Coffee Cash from Dutch Brothers Coffee. Dutch Freeze, here I come!






My dad sent me a card from his personal line of cards.





Yeah, that's his personal line, all right.






Dad also followed up with an email message.






Dean sent me a card reminding me that some things are scarier than getting older.








Dean also followed up with a phone call from his home in Hilo.








And, of course, my Facebook friends remembered April Fool's Day as well. (Photo can be enlarged by clicking it.)


1 comment:

BETHANY said...

Sounds like a great day!