Thursday, April 16, 2009

WINDOW IMPROVEMENT

Several years ago, I took down all the curtains in the house and replaced them with vertical blinds. Except for one. The sliding glass door in the family room was too wide. Premade headrails for a 116-inch window were not available. That size required special order. So I put it off.

But just before my trip to the Philippines, I made the special order, removed the 40-year-old drapes, and gave those drapes away on Craigslist. Then up went the new vertical blinds. After returning from the Philippines, I installed the valance. The project is now done.

Now, off to another project like, for example, painting the outside of the house.



Before.


After.

1 comment:

grammie of 5 said...

Those are the same blinds we have. I've replaced all the others in the house. But, I can't decide in this room so they remain. I'm hoping one day something just pops out and says buy me.
As always I enjoy reading your blog. I enjoyed Silas picture.