Tuesday, December 30, 2008

THE GIFT OF TONGUES

For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God.



He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself.


Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you?



Wherefore, let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.


For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth.


Wherefore, tongues are for a sign.


Wherefore, brethren, forbid not to speak with tongues.


Though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not tongues, I am nothing.


For to one is given, by the Spirit, various kinds of tongues.



And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is tongues.

2 comments:

BETHANY said...

Clearly, I have the gift of tongues. Or tongue. Whatever.

The Moffits said...

Hmmm, looks like someone needs to come up with a new pose. Not that the tongue pose isn't totally adorable.