Saturday, June 20, 2009

ENTERTAINMENT PROVIDED

About a month ago, the lady who leads our church group asked if I would provide entertainment for our Ice Cream Social in June. Provide entertainment?

"What do you mean?", I asked her.

"You know," she replied, "That stuff you did on YouTube."

What I did on YouTube was that I clowned around. Hardly professional quality entertainment. I just clowned around in front of my $29 web camera which was attached to my computer. After I clowned around and made a video of me clowning around, I posted that video on YouTube.

So, I answered the lady who leads our church group, "Okay."

This small group of people were friends, so I felt that I could comfortably clown around in front of them. Certainly not professional quality entertainment. Just clowning around.

Then, about three weeks ago, I was browsing through the literature rack at church. While browsing through the literature, my eyes fell upon a flyer which was printed on card stock--high quality paper suitable for framing. The flyer was promoting an event for the "Mountain Seniors -- 50-ish and over" That's my church group!

As I read through the flyer, I noticed information about the upcoming Ice Cream Social. That's the event in which I agreed to clown around.

Then fear struck my heart as I read these words: "entertainment by our own Bruce Perkins". Yikes! I was being billed as someone who could really entertain! I thought I was just going to be clowning around among friends.

I've been a bit nervous and I've been practicing like crazy ever since I picked up that flyer. The event starts in less than two hours from now. I'm still nervous.



This flyer was discovered about three weeks ago in the literature rack of the church I attend.


The flyer gives specific information about the scheduled Ice Cream Social.


I am feeling nervous.


1 comment:

BETHANY said...

Just picture everyone *not* obeying the dress code and you'll be fine. :)