Friday, June 26, 2009

BEING APPRECIATED AT WORK

Last night I did something I almost never do. I dozed off in front of the TV. I was exhausted and decided to crawl into bed. Just before I turned off the bedroom light, I looked at the clock. It was only 7:47 p.m. The sun was still out and I was already within five minutes of passing out with my head on my pillow!

Here's why:

We are in a transition period at work. One staff radiation therapist quit about two months ago and the new one arrives next week. So, Cindy and I have been putting in long, tiring hours as we wait for help to arrive.

Monday of this week I worked nearly twelve hours. Tuesday I worked exactly twelve hours with no break for lunch. I scarfed down a salad on the run. Wednesday I was able to leave after eight hours. Thursday, yesterday, I clocked in and out with over nine hours in between. I was exhausted.

Earlier in the week our department director, Harley, stopped by the department with two envelopes. He gave one to Cindy and one to me. Inside mine was a note of appreciation and a gift card to a restaurant.






Tonight I am taking my wife out on a dinner date to the Roadhouse Grill.
.
Thank you, Harley.



2 comments:

grammie of 5 said...

Wow!! How nice. I love that restaurant. I can't believe we lived here for 17 yrs and had never heard of it. We met a group of Dan'e buddies from work there. That started a great relationship with us and Roadhouse. Dan likes to time it right, coming ba ck from Portland, so we can hit the one in Eugene. Yummy!

Judy Shay said...

Sooo.... how was it? I hope you had a nice romantic dinner and just enjoyed each other's company. Just like you'll be doing in a couple of weeks when Dean and I get there! Well, not the romantic dinner part, but the enjoying each other's company part. Can't wait!!

Judy