Monday, October 20, 2008

HOT TUB INTERCESSION

I exhort, therefore, that first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men.
- I Timothy 2:1

The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
-James 5:16

Let us, therefore, come boldly unto the throne of grace.
-Hebrews 4:16



I have people. I have people who need prayer. I have people who need my prayer.

And when I need to pray, I have a quiet place to go. The hot tub.

Before the sun rises upon a new day, my warm, wet, steamy, bubbly place of prayer awaits my arrival. I boldly enter the throne room of grace and position myself before the throne. And with the righteousness that has been imparted to me, I fervently offer up intercessory prayers with the full expectation that they will be effectual.

A “prayer closet” of this type, however, must be entered with the wisdom and the knowledge provided by the hot tub manufacturer. The recommended maximum amount of time for any human body to spend in a 102-degree hot tub is fifteen minutes.

Then it’s time to get out.

Otherwise, the hot-tub-intercessor may potentially experience respiratory arrest or heart failure, thus making his effectual prayers a little less effectual.



Darkness gives way to light in this quiet place of prayer



Sweet quarter-hour of prayer.


I will, therefore, that men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

- I Timothy 2:8



No wrath or doubting here


But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do; for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

-Matthew 6:7


At this temperature, “vain repetitions” and “much speaking” are kept to a minimum.

How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things.

-Romans 10:15


The proper prayer position provides a view that enhances the intercessory experience: The majestic blue spruce reaching to the heavens, the ivy-encased shade covering created by man who, in turn, was created by God in His own image, the TV satellite dish on the roof allowing televangelists to bring words of hope and encouragement into the home, and feet that are beautiful according to the Scripture.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good way to pray--just don't get so relaxed that you fall asleep! :)