Monday, September 22, 2008

EATING PROGRESSIVELY

I’ve attended many churches that have had progressive dinners. But I’ve never actually been to a progressive dinner myself. Until Saturday.

This past weekend Debra and I joined twenty-seven other friends, who are also in the second half of their first century of life, for a progressive dinner.

Leigh and Irene opened their home and their yard for the salad and bread phase of the meal.




Then into our cars and over to Dick and Sharon’s home for the main course-- salmon which Dick caught himself, battered and deep-fried, plus grilled teriyaki chicken.

Then back into our cars again and over to Dave and Nancy’s home for dessert and singing. Vi pounded the piano, I plunked the guitar, and Dan led the vocals with his booming voice.


Then back into our cars one last time and I took my wife and my stuffed, aching, protruding stomach back home.

3 comments:

BETHANY said...

Sounds like a fun time!! I prefer regressive dinners myself. Starting with dessert is wonderful and ending with a husband is even better. :)

The Moffits said...

I like any kind of dinner!!

The Moffits said...

Berth -

I've never done a regressive dinner that ends with husband. Mainly because I've never really known how to cook a husband. What's your recipe?