Thursday, August 2, 2012

HANGING WITH HUNTER

Hunter and his family stopped in Grants Pass today on their way to a camping trip in Brookings.  After I got to meet some of his extended family, Hunter left with me while the rest of his crew continued to the coast.

This is Hunter's fourth consecutive summer in which he has been able to hang out with us at the house on Hybiscus.  He was here in 2009, 2010, 2011 and again this year.


After Hunter's family took off for the coast, I asked him where he would like to have lunch.  He said, "Mickey D's", so that's where we enjoyed our fine dining experience together.

After lunch, we took a brief detour on our way to the house on Hybiscus.  Hunter wanted to see where I worked, so we stopped by the cancer center where Hunter took the controls of a linear accelerator.

Thinking that Hunter might like to have a mask and snorkel set like mine, I got him a set.  My thinking was right.

Breathing under water.

The mask and the face behind the mask.

Riding the seahorse, or the dragon, or whatever you want to call it.

Riding Papa's shoulders.

Taking a fudge bar break.

Warming up in the hot tub.

Feasting on Nana's spaghetti.

Whipping Papa in a game of Pictureka, without cheating, before finishing the day at the theater watching "Ice Age: Continental Drift" in 3D.




Hunter asked me to take a video of him swimming the length of the pool and back to prove to his mother that he could do it.  Here's the proof.

2 comments:

Maryanne Gobble said...

Every grandpa should have a snorkel photo with his grandchildren! I think they are so hilarious I have suggested to my friend who's a photographer that next time she does our family pictures I want us all in snorkel masks.

I can totally see Ben in these photos!

BETHANY said...

What a fun time you're having! Tell Hunter I'm impressed with his swimming skills. :)