Thursday, January 8, 2009

LEAVIN' ON A JET PLANE

A couple of weeks ago at work, I met a new patient. Since I am the one who does the initial setups on new patients, I am usually the first radiation therapist on our team who meets new patients. Before introducing myself to this particular patient, I noticed in her chart that she was a travel agent.


"Hi," I said as I approached her in the waiting room. "My name is Bruce".


"Hi", she replied as she acknowledged her name. "I'll meet all your travel needs."


Interesting way of introducing yourself, I thought to myself, so I responded with "Great! I'm going to the Philippines in April. I can get tickets online for about $1200. Can you beat that?"


"Maybe", she answered.


Then we proceeded with her procedure, then she left, and then she sent me her proposed travel package via email. I closed the deal by paying her the dollar amount and, with great joy in my heart, I felt like breaking out in song!



My bags aren't packed, but I'm ready to go
I bought my flight just hours ago
Already I'm so happy I could cry
Thirty-five hours in the air
But I'm so happy, I don't care
I'm just glad that soon I will be there


I'm leavin' on a jet plane
I'll see my middle kid again
And her husband and her children, too
I think that I will quit this song now
'Cuz soon I will arrive in Mindanoa
Okay, now, this song is finally through.

Not only did I feel like breaking out in song, but I actually did break out in song. Click the play tab below:














5 comments:

BETHANY said...

Awesome! The Moffits are worth full price, but a bargain makes it even better.

Chris said...

I'm so glad you get to go see your "middle kid" again soon! :)

It's always worth any amount of time in a plane (or truck... or car...) to have the chance to see our kids and grand kids!!

Doesn't God just work everything out in such awesome and unexpected ways sometimes?!

The Moffits said...

YEAH for your new, wonderful patient!! YEAH for planes!! YEAH for Dad's who are willing to stuff their long legs into a tiny airplane row for 35 hours just to see ME!!!

The Moffits said...

Noone has ever written a song for me...I'm touched!! Bravo! Bravo!

Donna said...

Bruce, that was AWESOME! and you are a great dad. Rob and I really enjoyed your video.