Wednesday, January 7, 2009

HAPPILY MARRIED TWICE

That’s what my profile says.

But what does it mean?

Many years before I met Barbara, she was a dancing butterfly.





Many years before I met Debra, she was a cowgirl.



At the time I married Barbara, she was the cutest girl I knew.




At the time I married Debra, she was the prettiest lady I knew.




Barbara gave me the privilege of being a father to Bethany, Belinda and Ben, from birth on up.




Debra gave me the privilege of being a father to Ashley, from twelve years old on up.




Barbara was fourteen inches shorter than me.





Debra is four inches shorter than me.




Barbara and I enjoyed riding bicycles together.




Debra and I enjoy riding bicycles together.




Barbara and I got dressed up together for a Valentine’s Banquet given by the youth group in our church.




Debra and I got dressed up together for a Christmas Party given by the hospital where I work.




Debra was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2001. She was treated with surgery and with radiation therapy and she is a survivor.

Barbara was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1989. She was treated with surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy. After more than two years in the battle, she did not survive. She died exactly seventeen years ago today, January 7, 1992.

I have been happily married twice.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bruce,
I don't know who is more amazing, you or Bethany!! Thanks for writing about both Barbara and Debora and thanks for posting the pictures of them and all your children. What a bright spot in my day!

BETHANY said...

Well, you win the "positive spin" award for the day. :) I love how you went through the lives of both of your wives. Fun pics!

Anonymous said...

I'm a friend of Bethany's from the homeschooling forum. This was a beautiful post. What a tribute to both of your beautiful marriages.

Chris said...

Bruce,
Having known you since the "Barbara" era of your life, I am so glad you now have a "Debra" era! Barbara was such a sweet lady, and I know Debra must be, too. I look forward to getting to meet her some day. I'm happy you have had the blessing of being "Happily Married Twice"!! God is so good...