Friday, July 23, 2010

UP, UP, AND AWAY

Today is Debra's birthday and it wasn't too long ago that we celebrated a milestone when she reached the big "Five-0". That was a memorable birthday that happened before I started blogging. Had I been blogging at the time, I would have put together and posted the slideshow video that I am posting today.

On that particular birthday, I wanted to do something special for Debra. I remember telling her that I had a surprise for her. It was a secret. All I could tell her was that we would have to get up at 3:30 a.m. But I didn't tell her where we were going.


The alarm sounded early on the morning of Debra's 50th birthday.

I told her that I would reveal our destination as soon as we pulled out of the driveway. As we drove away from our house, I told her that we were heading for Grants Pass to the playground behind Redwood Elementary School.

Shadow against the trees

That revelation, of course, provided no useful information for figuring out her surprise birthday gift. It wasn't until we parked in the parking lot in front of the school and walked to the playground behind the school that the secret became known.


The slideshow presentation showing how we celebrated Debra's 50th birthday can be viewed by clicking here.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Oh my goodness - you're just full of surprises!! :) What a fun idea!

Tami's little Derik was born on Debra's birthday - how cool is that?!