Friday, July 16, 2010

THIRD DAY, KUTLESS AND SOME OTHER GROUP

About two weeks ago, Debra and Ashley returned home from a five-day road trip in which they drove to Monterey, California together to attend the Spirit West Coast Conference. Part of that conference included a concert by Third Day. Debra mentioned that if Third Day ever performed a concert in our area she would want to attend.

Then, a few days later, she said, "If you haven't already gotten me something for my birthday, I have a request".

"What?" I asked.

"Well," she said, "Third Day is going to be having a concert here in a couple of weeks and I'd like you to buy us tickets for my birthday."

I said, "Okay."

So, tonight we attended a really great concert on a really beautiful, warm summer night at the Lithia Amphitheater.



Flyer and tickets.



Bumper to bumper traffic led the way to the Lithia Amphitheater.



Entering the gate.



A little-known group called The Neverclaim opened the show.





Kutless followed The Neverclaim.



The amphitheater filled as the Third Day performance drew near.


Debra and I were among the multitudes.



The afternoon continued with Third Day taking the stage.




As the sun went down the stage lights came on.








Debra was beyond pleased with her birthday present.




1 comment:

BETHANY said...

Looks like a great time! I saw other people commenting on FB last night about going to the show.