Saturday, September 5, 2009

FIVE TIMES A YEAR

About nine years ago, shortly after moving into the house on Hybiscus, I stopped by the Grange Co-op and purchased a Scotts spreader for re-seeding and for fertilizing the lawn. With the spreader came an annual schedule which requires fertilizing five times each year.

I mark my calendar every year and faithfully drop fertilizer on the lawn exactly five times a year. As a result, I have enjoyed one of the greenest lawns in the neighborhood.

Today I used the Scotts Turfbuilder with 2% Iron.

In November, I will use Scotts Winterizer Fertilizer.

In February, I will use Scotts Fertilizer with Crabgrass Preventer.

In May, I will use Scotts Fertilizer with Weed Control.

In July, I will use Scotts Summerguard Fertilizer with Insect Control.

Then in September, one year from now, I will start this routine all over again.




Before fertilizing one of the greenest lawns in the neighborhood, it must first be mowed.




In order to maintain one of the greenest lawns in the neighborhood, it must be fertilized five times a year.

I am not a lobbyist for the Scotts Fertilizer Company and I have not been paid by them to post this item. I am simply a satisfied customer who highly recommends their product to anyone wishing to have one of the greenest lawns in their neighborhood.



1 comment:

Ashley said...

Ours is THE greenest lawn in the neighborhood!