Saturday, August 13, 2011

TENNIS TIME

After Naomi's birthday party this morning and after naps and after dinner at Subway, the Moffits, the Weathersbys, and the three Hybiscusites, finished the day at another park in Wilsonville.

Josh and Belinda brought a couple of tennis rackets and hit the ball back and forth for awhile at a tennis court in the park. Once they were finished, Daisy asked if I would play tennis with her. No score keeping, of course. Even though I hadn't touched a tennis racket in nearly four decades, I agreed.

It was fun and I played without accumulating any injuries. In fact, I'm thinking about purchasing a couple of tennis rackets and some tennis balls myself.






Daisy serves while Silas, who chose to be a ball-chaser, looks on.





The game progresses.





Pure concentration.







Pure skill.






The competition was fierce, even though no score was kept.






If we had kept score, I think I would have won.






If we had kept score, I think Daisy thinks she would have won.





No comments: