Monday, August 1, 2011

LORI'S DINER

After Judy, Debra and I finished our trolley car tour this morning, we drove downtown and checked into the Chancellor Hotel on Union Square.

After settling into our rooms, Judy in hers and Debra and I in ours, Debra and I walked around the streets looking for a place to have dinner. We found a great restaurant that took us back to the 1950's: Lori's Diner.

We ate a delicious dinner while listening to some great hits from the fifties, played on juke boxes. I opted for a burger and fries with a chocolate malt. And tomorrow we're going back there for breakfast before heading to Golden Gate Park for the day.




Decor included a 1959 Edsel.



.
Judy studies the menu.


.

I generously share my chocolate malt.



.

Judy and Debra pose for a photo with the Chancellor Hotel shown across the street in the background (building with green canopy), but felt a bit uncomfortable standing in front of a car whose driver was sitting at the wheel while I was taking this picture.



.

Closer view.





1 comment:

BETHANY said...

The shot of you and Debra sharing a malt is great!