Saturday, October 9, 2010

FLOORING PROJECT REPORT #1

Insomnia awakened me at about 4:00 a.m. this morning. Just before 6:00 a.m. I arose from my bed to get started on what was to be a busy day.

After downing two cups of coffee, I disconnected our TV, DVD player, VCR, and satellite receiver and removed the empty entertainment center from the family room. While waiting for the guy who responded to my Craigslist posting for free carpeting, I began pulling up carpet tack strips and baseboards. When Denny, the Craigslist responder, arrived to get the carpet, we rolled up over 400 square feet of carpeting along with the carpet pad and loaded it onto his van.

After Denny left, I finished removing all the carpet tack strips and baseboards, ate some Ibuprofen and soaked in a 102-degree hot tub. I now hurt and I have a long way to go before this flooring project is completed. But it's a good hurt.




Two views from the living room facing the dining room.



From the family room facing the dining room and the hallway.




From the dining room facing the living room and the family room.





The family room.




Denny arrives and we move furniture to get to the carpet.




The carpet is rolled up to haul away.







Denny and I load the carpet into his van.







After removing the carpet, we then remove the carpet pad. Since I had the project prepared and staged before Denny arrived, the whole process took us only about fifteen minutes.




It wasn't until removing the carpet and the carpet pad that we discovered the original flooring material: Green linoleum from 1969. Laminate flooring is on the way.




1 comment:

The Moffits said...

What lovely linoleum, now, was that from the 'Lily pad snot' collection?? Too bad you already bought the laminate flooring, I bet you sorta wish you could just keep the sea of green!