Sunday, October 24, 2010

FLOORING PROJECT REPORT #2

Yesterday I woke up at about 3:00 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep because my mind was active with anticipation of installing some of our laminate flooring this weekend. After running a few Saturday morning errands and attending a meeting, I started installing the floor in the family room.

The carpet had already been pulled up and hauled away a couple of weeks ago and the olive green linoleum has been eager to hide under something more attractive ever since. This weekend the olive green linoleum almost completely disappeared.




This is how far I got Saturday.

Sunday morning I reached the hearth.

Later in the afternoon, one strip remained to complete the family room floor.




By Sunday afternoon I had completed everything in the family room except the trim. I installed one baseboard so that I could set up the entertainment center which sits in front of it.






So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye, olive green linoleum.



5 comments:

Chris said...

I love it, Bruce! We need to do that in our kitchen/dining/downstairs bath area - have been wanting to do it for several years now. What 'wood' did you use? I really like the way it looks :)

BETHANY said...

Looks good!

pondladyrae said...

Good job Bruce. Looks great. We had a couple of oak trees fall on our property and are waiting to get them worked up by someone so we can use them in some rooms that have horrible old stained carpet. Can't wait. What kind of wood is that? I like it very much.

Stefanie said...

It looks wonderful! We have laminate in the bedrooms & bathrooms & hardwood in the main living areas. Both are great and both have pros/cons. You did a great job!

Unknown said...

You remind me of Clearwater carpet cleaning guys. They're so good in analyzing floors. Seeing you in "work mode" says that you really are a professional. Those who are good at floor works are usually those who have hands for carpet cleaning. St. Petersburg's cleaners (just for the record) are usually ex-architects and wood experts. That is why I have high respect for them. They are really well-experienced and knowledgeable.