Sunday, April 4, 2010

TWO WAYS TO VIEW A BACK YARD

My camera is nearly eight years old. Debra's camera is brand new. Hers is also better than mine. It has a bunch of cool functions, such as the ability to take panoramic pictures by stitching three separate pictures together.

I took Debra's camera into the back yard about an hour ago to to compare what it can do with what my camera can do.

Here are the results of my little experiment:


Standing at the southeast corner of our back yard, beside our covered patio, this is what my camera can do.

This is what Debra's camera can do from the same corner (These photos may be enlarged simply by clicking them).

.
.
.

Moving to the northeast corner of the yard, this is what my camera sees when placing the chimney in the middle of the picture.


Debra's camera sees the shed, the chimney, and the steps leading up to the hot tub deck.
.
.
.
From the same corner of the yard, this is what my camera sees with the pool in the middle of the picture.


Debra's camera sees this.
.
.
.
Holding my camera while standing at the northwest corner of the yard produces this view.




Debra's camera produces this view.
.
.
.


Finally, stepping onto the hot tub deck at the southwest corner of the yard produces this view with my camera.

And then there's Debra's camera.


2 comments:

BETHANY said...

For the last few years you've been saying that your camera, which used to be top notch, was becoming outdated. I think you need to just get yourself a new camera. :)

grammie of 5 said...

Very nice, maybe you need an upgrade. I didn't see any stitches.