Friday, April 23, 2010

SEGWAY AT TURTLE BAY

Last night, Debra and I drove to Redding for an overnight getaway. I hadn't taken a day off work since Christmas and I was ready for a break.

A co-worker of mine had told me about the Sundial Bridge at Turtle Bay in Redding, so we got online and checked it out. In the process, we discovered Glide 'n Ride, a guided tour on Segway Scooters. We signed up and were given a brief lesson on how to ride a Segway Scooter. Then we took off on a one-hour tour.

When we returned from our tour, the owner of Glide 'n Glide was there to meet us and asked if we wouldn't mind staying for awhile since a news team from a local television station was going to stop by and do a story about their business. We stayed, got interviewed by local news reporter, Elizabeth Gadley, then rode back to the Sundial Bridge for additional news footage.



The sundial bridge spans the Sacramento River. I did not take this photo.



Debra and I stand by the bridge with the sundial shown on the opposite side of the river behind us. I took this photo with a ten second time delay and really fast legs.



Chad, our Segway Scooter guide, instructs us in the operation of the machine.




Debra quickly gets the hang of it.





Chad takes a photo of Debra and me on our Segway Scooters at the Sundial Bridge.







Debra is interviewed by a local television reporter.





Then it was my turn to be interviewed.





After our Segway adventure, we stopped by the cafe' at the bridge for a blended coffee beverage.





Debra takes a final sip of her blended beverage in 80+ degree weather before we headed home.