Sunday, April 15, 2012

TRIP TO THE COAST

Realizing a couple of months ago that the Moffit's one-year furlough was quickly coming to an end, and realizing that I wasn 't satisfied with the amount of time I have been able to see them, Belinda and I nailed down some specific weekends for visiting before they return to the Philippines.

I left early from work on Friday, drove to Brookings, and spent two nights with Josh, Belinda, Daisy, Ally and Neo. Following Daisy's baptism at their church on Sunday, I returned home.



Ally sacrificed her room for me to sleep in and left a framed greeting for me on her nightstand.




Belinda showed me a couple of projects from her recent art class: A painting of Neo placed on a kitchen counter and a painting of a daffodil hanging under the stairs.





On Saturday morning, Neo and I drove down to the road to get the newspaper.








We spent some time at Harris Beach before Belinda and I participated in the local Art Walk and before the rest of the family attended T-Ball practice where Neo plays on the team, Josh coaches the team, and Daisy and Ally help as assistant coaches.





Seagulls circled above us at the beach, nearly within our reach.


1 comment:

BETHANY said...

Looks like a fun weekend!