Saturday, April 28, 2012

ADDING BEAUTY, COLOR AND LIFE

Our front yard lacks color.  We have hedges and shrubs, but they're mostly green or shades of green.  

So, today, Debra and I visited our favorite nursery and bought some colorful plants to brighten up the yard.  We also bought a new tree to replace our old tree that died.




This is our front walkway before we went to the nursery this morning.
I kept my eye on the rear view mirror on the way home from the nursery, concerned that our new crab apple tree might be damaged during transport.
The tree and the flowers arrived home injury-free.
Debra filled five flower pots lining our front walkway.
The colors should explode as spring gives way to summer.


 

Debra fills the hanging flower pots
with colorful petunias.


I hang the petunias.





I dig a hole for our new tree, then place the tree into the ground.
Debra and I hide behind our beautiful new crab apple tree.










1 comment:

BETHANY said...

I love color! That sidewalk is going to look great this summer.