Saturday, May 15, 2010

BLOGGIN' ABOUT CLOGGIN'

Last week, while washing dishes, our kitchen sink got clogged. After pouring Drano down the drain, waiting about twenty minutes, then flushing it with hot water, it was still clogged. So, I grabbed the garden hose, dragged it into the house, placed the end of the hose into the sink, sealed it with wet washcloths, turned the hose on full blast, and forced all the junk out of the drain pipe.

Or so I thought.

Then this morning, while doing laundry, I heard a sound similar to that of a water fountain coming from the laundry room. When I entered the laundry room, the floor was covered with a sizable puddle. The drain pipe behind the washing machine was clogged. So, I grabbed the garden hose, dragged it into the house, placed the end of the hose into the drain pipe behind the washer, sealed it with wet washcloths, turned the hose on full blast, and forced all the junk out of the drain pipe.

Or so I thought.

When I resumed my laundry chore, I noticed that the drain pipe behind the washer was still clogged and was not draining water from the washer. I told Debra, she grabbed the Yellow Pages, and within a couple of hours we became a clog-free family again.




The washer.

Approaching the drain pipe behind the washer.



Getting closer.



There it is.



The area marked in pink was covered with water when I entered the laundry room.



Debra found a drain pipe cleaning service in the Yellow Pages, Speedy Rooter, and noticed an Icthus in the lower left corner of their ad.



Speedy Rooter soon arrives.



Kevin, the owner/operator of Speedy Rooter, accessed the drain pipe from the roof vent.




Kevin with snake in drain pipe.



Kevin from another view.




My job was to turn on the kitchen faucet when Kevin told me to turn it on and to turn it off once the unclogging was done.




When Kevin completed the job, he left his card along with a properly functioning drain pipe.



1 comment:

BETHANY said...

Rooter vans in the driveway and guys sticking snakes down from the roof all sounds vaguely familiar. :)