Saturday, March 21, 2009

ROSS / DRESS FOR LESS

PACK FOR LESS, TOO.


A few days ago, I got out our largest suitcase in preparation for my upcoming trip to the Philippines. It was broken. Apparently, it had been stuffed too full during a previous trip, putting too much stress on the zipper, and the zipper broke beyond repair.

So, I went suitcase shopping. But nobody seemed to sell individual suitcases. Walmart sold only five-piece sets. Fred Meyer sold only five-piece sets. JC Penney sold only very expensive five-piece sets.

Then two of Debra's co-workers suggested Ross. They told her that Ross sold individual suitcases. So, I drove over to Ross this morning and was pleased to find one very large suitcase at one very affordable price!

With my flight now only twelve days away, I better hurry up and quit blogging and start packing!




I am pleased with my new purchase.



Josh asked me to bring ten 1-inch washers for some game they play that is similar to horseshoes. He said they have some washers already, but they are all rusted. He asked for stainless washers, so that's what he's getting: ten galvanized steel washers that may very well have eternal life in a tropical climate.




We keep getting stuff in the mail for me take to the Philippines. I am beyond happy to assume my new role as "Moffit Mule", smuggling miscellaneous Moffit material across the US/Philippines border.

2 comments:

BETHANY said...

We need to nail down plans for your layover on the way home sometime in the next 12 days. :)

The Moffits said...

Make sure you check the airline weight limits. They are so strict now, we don't even use our big suitcase anymore! Having said that, that is one fine looking suitcase.