Saturday, March 10, 2012

TWO MAN JOB

A few weeks ago, I cut down a tree that was dying in our front yard and putting our house at risk with a possible fall. Instead of digging up the roots, I decided to bury the base of the trunk and level the dirt to make it even with the rest of the lawn.

Such a task required rototilling some dirt in the back yard, transporting a few wheelbarrows full of dirt into the front yard, spreading the dirt around the trunk of the tree, re-seeding the lawn over the dirt, and tamping down the dirt.

Fortunately, Devon was here to help.



Devon and I move the wheelbarrow from the garage into the back yard.




Devon and I move the rototiller from the garage into the back yard.





Devon and I add gasoline to the rototiller before starting it.





Devon and I loosen the dirt with the rototiller.





Devon and I shovel dirt into the wheelbarrow.





Devon and I move the dirt from the back yard to the front yard.






Devon and I dump the dirt around the trunk of the fallen tree.





Devon and I spread the dirt with a rake.






Devon and I re-seed this portion of the lawn.






Devon and I tamp down the dirt with a tamper.





Devon gets paid for helping with the job. Yesterday he asked if he could be paid $2.00 for this job when I told him about it. During the job this morning, he attempted to renegotiate his salary to $3.00. We asked Nana what she thought the job was worth. She said $5.00.




2 comments:

BETHANY said...

Manual labor, a lot of posing for the camera, and five bucks. Not too shabby of a day. :)

Stefanie said...

Um, according to the pictures, Devon did most of the work.