Friday, June 17, 2011

WAITING FOR WILSONVILLE



Sung to the tune of


"Sweet Baby James"


by


James Taylor






(Sorry, James)






There is an old Papa who lives in a home

His truck and his Dutch Freeze are his only companions

As he sits at the wheel for four boring hours

Waiting for Wilsonville finally to come




Every half hour he stops at a rest stop

Ejecting some caffeine and stretching his wings

Then back to his driving his journey continues

He sings about Pepsi and bladders and things




And so is the turnpike from Medford to Portland

The boys' cakes seem dreamlike

On account of the frosting

With no miles behind me and two-hundred-plus to go




There's a song that I sing when a grandson turns seven

There's a song that I sing when a grandson turns nine

There's a song that I sing after exiting I-5

To a middle-aged woman who's now thirty-five




Happy Birthday, Threesome

We celebrate birthdays in June

I'm hitting the road with a fairly light load

Including some gifts and a toothbrush and clothes

And I will be seeing you soon

Probably late afternoon






1 comment:

BETHANY said...

Love it! The kids have been singing the bladder song a lot lately. :)