Thursday, June 26, 2008

MY NAMESAKE IN THE PHILIPPINES

I just received this photo and email message from Belinda today.


Here's the photo:






Here's the email message:


Hi Dad,

Marita is one of our main house helpers, she's been with us since we first moved here. She's a gem, and is becoming more and more like family the longer she works for us. It was her sister, Inday, that just lost a baby.


Anyways, while we were in town last week, she had her second baby. When we got home yesterday, Jinisa, another one of our house helpers, came to work and I asked 'so, has Marita had her baby?!'. She said, 'yes, last Sunday, but she hasn't named it yet because she's waiting for you to name it.'.

So, Josh said, 'what about Bruce?'. So we asked Jinisa, 'what do you like better, Bruce or Wendell?' And she said, 'I really like the name Wendell.' So, we went up to Marita's yesterday after lunch, kissed, cuddled and named the baby 'Wendell'. And I told her, 'that's my dad's second name, and he's really Godly, so now we'll pray that little Wendell grows up to be godly too!'.

Belinda

2 comments:

BETHANY said...

That's awesome!

Beep -
Is it customary for them to have someone else name their kids or was this a special thing?

The Moffits said...

It's pretty common for other people to name the babies, but I had never been asked to do it before, so it was special for me!